INSTITUTE Fondazione Centro San Raffaele
ADDRESS Via Olgettina 60 - 20132 Milano
The Centro San Raffaele Foundation is a nonprofit organization founded to support the research of the IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital with the purpose of assisting the development of science in the service of medicine.
The aim of the Centro San Raffaele Foundation is to support the scientific research of doctors, biologists and operators of the IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital through participation in national and international calls for funding and scholarships. In addition, the Foundation deals with fundraising and requests for public and private research grants. Every day, human and financial resources are spent on scientific research and to offer patients innovative and cutting-edge technology and services. To advance and gain new successes that can benefit future generations, the Centro San Raffaele Foundation supports the Hospital through participation in national and international research invitations and fundraising activities for individuals and companies.
The research lines on which the Foundation's activities are concentrated, synergistically with the San Raffaele Hospital, are eight:
- Molecular and functional approaches to the study of neurological and psychiatric disorders
- Cellular and molecular therapies for regenerative medicine
- Study and modulation of the innate and adaptive immune response
- Cellular and molecular approaches to the study of solid tumors and blood
- Molecular and cellular approaches to the study and treatment of metabolic and cardiovascular diseases
- Genetic, molecular and cellular mechanisms of disease and aging
- Genomics and post-genomics for the study of disease mechanisms and response to drugs
- Molecular and Cellular Imaging for the Study of Oncological Diseases and Molecular Imaging of Cardiovascular Diseases